SNEAK PEEK IN NEW GOLF RULES OF 2020
| Anonymous Golfer
The R&A and USGA are making a great effort these days to try to change and simplify the Rules of Golf, and probably these changes will take effect in 2020.
Some rumors as to what some of these changes of the golf rules might be:
- Searching time will be reduced from 5 to 3 minutes.
- It will be allowed to repair spike marks on the putting green (which in fact is the case also now, but only as long as the movement of the ball cannot be affected by the repair).
- You can drop the ball from whatever height you wish (not – as now – from shoulder height).
- Most water hazards will be deemed parallel water hazards (red), i.e. players will more often be allowed to use the “two-clublengths”-option.
- The requirement to drop the ball within some clublengths when taking relief will be eliminated (what that exactly means is not further explained).