The Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairway Woods feature a new Callaway technology called Flash Face to help golfers gain ball speed and distance. Flash Face consists of dozens of subtle ripples flowing from the heel to the toe. While the dimensions appear random, they in fact work together to elevate COR in the face's center region. The result is a significant boost in ball speed and a noticeable increase in distance upon solid contact, helping your longest shoes go even farther.
Flash Face was created by Artificial Intelligence, the first known instance of A.I. being used in the golf industry. Machine Learning is a field of science that uses statistical techniques to give computer systems the ability to "learn" without being explicitly programmed. Callaway applied what they learned and applied it to create an ultra-thin, forged Carpenter 455 steel club face and incorporated Face Cup technology as well. The result is a uniquely designed clubface that's expressly engineered for high COR across a large area, promoting faster ball speeds all over the face.
The Epic Flash Fairway Woods still incorporate Callaway's revolutionary Jailbreak technology that promotes fast, face-wide speed. Two internal, hourglass shaped Jailbreak bars connect the crown to the sole, stabilizing both parts at impact, thus allowing the face to take on a greater load and generate faster balls speeds. Adjustable sole weighting consists of interchangeable 16 and 2 gram weights. Installing the heavy weight in the front promotes lower spin and a flatter trajectory; installing the heavy weight in the back promotes an easier launch and higher trajectory.
Epic Flash Fairway Woods also have a new, lighter OptiFit Hosel so players can easily dial in the perfect launch and flight conditions. The weight saved in the hosel allows Callaway to combine Jailbreak Technology and adjustability for the first time ever in a fairway wood.
Two premium stock shafts are available including the Project X Hzrdus Smoke and the Mitsubishi Tensei AV. The stock grip is Golf Pride's Tour Velvet Align Grip.
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairway Woods Feature:
- Flash Face Technology for faster ball speeds and distance
- Forged 455 Carpenter steel construction with Face Cup technology for fast ball speeds across the face
- Adjustable sole weighting allows for lower spin, flat trajectory or easier launch and higher trajectory
- Jailbreak Technology stiffens the crown and sole to place more load on the face and boost ball speed
- OptiFit Hosel (adjustable) is shorter and lighter so CG is repositioned for easy launch and long carry
- Stock Shafts: Project X Hzrdus Smoke • Mitsubishi Tensei AV
- Stock Grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Align Grip