Thanks to years of advancements in materials, weight placement, aerodynamics and artificial intelligence, the new Cobra LTDx LS Driver enters a new realm of speed and forgiveness.
As was previously mentioned, Cobra utilized artificial intelligence when designing the LTDx. Specifically, AI played an integral role in crafting the driver's face. Known as H.O.T. Face Technology, the design consists of 15 HOT zones with strategic thicknesses to increase smash factor and ball speed across a much wider area of the face. The result is the hottest, most forgiving driver face in Cobra's history.
Stability is an equally important component in terms of a driver's performance. In the golf industry, stability is measured using MOI, which refers the club head's tendency to rotate around the ball at impact. As MOI increases, the driver's face is more likely to stay pointed towards the target, even on mishits. In order to pull off the driver's lofty MOI rating, Cobra's R & D team developed a multi-material chassis comprised of a lightweight carbon crown, lightweight sole plates, and a reinforced Titanium Speed Frame.
The LTDx LS model is designed for Tour players and skilled amateurs seeking low spin, fast speed and workability. The driver features a traditional aerodynamic shape with forward-biased heel and toe adjustable weighting, and a back weight for added forgiveness.
Stock shafts include Mitsubishi's low-launching, low-spinning TENSEI AV RAW White, Project X's mid-launching, low-spinning HZRDUS RDX Blue, and Project X's mid-launching, mid-spinning HZRDUS Smoke iM10.
Cobra LTDx LS Driver - Gold Fusion/Matte Black Features:
- Traditional 460cc shape, low launch, lowest spin, medium forgiveness, fast and workable
- PWR-COR multi-material weighting system consisting of steel, titanium and aluminum positions mass low and forward to combine low spin with faster ball speeds for maximized distance
- H.O.T. Face Technology uses AI & machine learning to create 15 hot zones with strategic thickness to increase smash factor and ball speed across a wider area of the face
- CNC Milled Infinity Face design wraps around the leading edge to increase the zone of maximum ball speed while providing improved visual alignment
- Multi-material chassis uses a lightweight carbon crown, lightweight sole plates and reinforced Titanium Speed Frame for optimal weight distribution and maximum stability
- Adjustable weighting (10g & 3g) in the sole can be positioned in the heel or toe to promote a fade-biased or draw-biased flight
- Stock Shafts: Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60 • Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 60 • Mitsubishi TENSEI AV RAW White 65
- Stock Grip: Lamkin Crossline (Black/Silver, 58R, 48.5g)