When it came time to develop the new LTDx Irons, Cobra started at the core, infusing the club's with PWR-COR and PWRSHELL Technologies. The result, is an iron possessing a staggering combination of ball speed, distance, and forgiveness.
PWR-COR Technology consists of a multi-layer weighting system featuring a steel bar suspended within a polymer injected casing. The design promotes maximum flex of the body, face and sole at impact, creating an elastic rebound effect that delivers explosive ball speeds.
With its forged cup face and deep undercut cavity, PWRSHELL Technology works harmoniously with PWR-COR, allowing the face to flex even further. As a consequence, more energy is returned to the ball for enhanced total distance. Using hit pattern data, Cobra modeled the variable thickness face to preserve ball speed in common mishit locations, ensuring that poorly struck shots travel nearly the same distance as center strikes.
Stock shaft offerings include two offerings from KBS. The steel Tour 90 is designed for players seeking higher trajectory, additional spin and maximum distance. The graphite PGI weighs significantly less, which helps elevate club head speed, yet still maintains the same ball flight characteristics, tight tolerances, dispersion and control as its steel sibling.
Cobra LTDx Irons Feature:
- Designed for peak ball speed and distance
- Multi-layer PWR-COR weighting system promotes maximum flex of the body, face and sole at impact for powerful ball speed
- PWRSHELL Forged Face Cup design increases ball speed across a wider area on the face
- Speed Tuned Weighting with an 8g toe weight for enhanced stability
- Stock Steel Shaft: KBS Tour 90 (Regular 95g, Stiff 102g)
- Stock Graphite Shaft: KBS PGI (Lite/Senior 60g, Regular 70g, Stiff 80g)
- Stock Grip: Lamkin Crossline (Black/Silver, 58R, 48.5g)